Irvine Seller is best known in regards to his direct involvement in the project known as “Shard of Glass” in London. This building is just one of the projects masterminded by this “former” textile entrepreneur. According to the Rich List that appears in the Sunday Times, Irvine Sellar Wiki along with his son holds a massive fortune of around 210 million pounds. The Sellar Property Group of their completed buildings is estimated at a worth of around 800 million pounds. In addition, this impressive Property Group has around 3 billion pounds in projects in their pipeline.
However, Mr. Sellar has not always walked an easy path, who long ago brought flared floral-patterned trousers to many of the high streets in his quest to develop the chain known as Mates By Irvine Sellar. In between setting up the now famous Sellar Property Group and selling his flared trousers, he also worked in a Real Estate business known as Ford Sellar Morris that was plummeted into administration at the time of the property crash in the 1990’s.
Many had doubts that the Shard of Glass building would come off successfully. the Irvine Sellar Wiki proposed this particular project more than 10 years ago. In addition Simon Halabi and CLS Holdings, two of the first backers had pulled out after a disagreement with Mr. Sellar. However, a much needed cash injection from the Qatari investors allowed the building process to proceed – see http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/apr2010/gb2010041_469787.htm .
To date, even though Qataris owns around 95% of equity, Sellar owns the other 5% in equity and 20% of the equity is owned by the management-company holds what is known as a “carried interest” in shares in the profits that reach above a specific level. It is predicted that Sellar and Qatari investors will make around 1 billion pounds on this deal.